Monday 2 March 2015

Black Holes

Today our 'wonderings' were based around the question "what is a black hole?"  We had some really interesting discussions relating to this wonder. We watched a small video and then looked on YouTube at an example of two black holes merging. The hardest thing to grasp seemed to be how small earth really is in the scheme of the universe.  Jordan was very knowledgeable on this subject and suggested we look at Google Earth because not only can you look at earth, you can look at the moon and sky.  Some kids in the class were a bit worried that they might get sucked into a black hole but hopefully we manged to explain that it wasn't possible. Click on the links below to see a couple of short videos.

Black Hole 

Black Hole 2


During writing the kids wrote about black holes. Their focus however, was on pushing themselves up the punctuation ladder. Here's a couple of examples. As you can see, they are trying hard to try new types of punctuation.

The Black Hole

"I'm scared what if I get sucked in the black hole."  A black hole is in space. If anything get close to it, it gets sucked in. Room 4 looked at photos, videos and then read some facts. Next Mrs Hancock said "we are way to far away to get sucked in."  "Yay!" I said.
By Georgia


The Black Hole

"What's that?" I shouted, "I don't know?" said my Mum. It looks pretty deep. We should go closer "ok" said my Mum. Then we floated in to the black hole. "What's happening?" I said suspiciously.
"I don't know" said my Mum. "Whoosh!" We went racing down the black hole. "Ahhh!" We never got seen again.
By Porsche 

No comments:

Post a Comment